Hi All

We are putting together a season of walkshops on the theme of forgotten - forgotten paths, forgotten routes, forgotten walks (forgotten walkers, forgotten books - you get the drift),  And we were wondering if others here might have some great suggestions for Forgotten walking pieces?

Just to give you some inspiration:

we are going to be walking London's 'pedway' - this was the elevated pedestrian route around the City, inspired by Corbusier and promoted by Buchanan (Traffic & Towns 1963), part of which were built (Barbican High Walk) and part of which have been dismantled.

we are revisiting the cross London strategic routes proposed by the Government Office for London as a Millennium project - you guessed right, The Dome got the top prize and the strategic routes, well they got forgotten

we are doing a bit of reading and walking in the footsteps of Ian Nairn (his guide to London was published in 1966) and also John Hillaby (his Journey through Britain published in 1968 and his homage to London in 1987)

If you know of something Forgotten and would like to collaborate with us to create a new walking piece or to reprise one, get in touch.

Best, Andrew

ANDREW STUCK
Walking Creative (TM)
Founding Director of the
Museum of Walking
0772 5555460
http://www.museumofwalking.org.uk
@museumofwalking

Producer - Talking Walking
http://www.talkingwalking.net

The Museum of Walking is a trading name of Rethinking Cities Ltd., registered in the UK number 5801458.

http://www.rethinkingcities.net
@RethinkCities
Co-producer of the first ever Urban Tree Festival