Heritage Interpretation Training Center

Some of our most popular courses with open enrollment for this autumn.

For all of our courses, you can start the course at any time and complete the course at your own pace.  As all of our courses are e-LIVE, you can chat with the instructor with questions any time via e-mail, SKYPE or phone.  Visit the individual course website page for details on course content and to register for that course.

Interpretive Writing e-LIVE Course - 8 Units and 2 CEU Credits $200.00.  This course is for anyone developing “interpretive” copy for exhibits, outdoor panels, trail guides or any other publications for the public.  Interpretive writing focuses on using Tilden’s Interpretive Principles, having a theme, and writing to accomplish objectives.  Interpretive writing should also, whenever possible, be pretested with visitors to be sure your objectives from the writing (along with any supportive graphics) are accomplished.  Provoke, Relate and Reveal – using tangibles and intangibles.  It’s work, but worth it.
Our new textbook – the Interpretive Writers Handbook is included.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_writing_course.html

Training for Interpretive Trainers e-LIVE Course - 11 Units and 2 CEU Credits. $200.00.  This courses focus is on how to teach interpretive techniques, philosophy and principles to others such as new staff, volunteers, ranger staff and related personnel who have a primary responsibility for interpreting your stories/artifacts or sites to the public.
Our textbook on Training for Interpretive Trainers is included.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/training_for_interp_trainers.html

The Interpretive Exhibit Planners Tool Box e-LIVE course - 11 Units and 2 CEU Credits. $200.00.  This course focuses on walking you through an interpretive exhibit planning and design project, including pre-test evaluations of exhibits.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_exhibits_course.html

Interpretive Master Planning - e-LIVE. 13 Units, 3 CEU Credits. $275.00 http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_master_planning_course.html
We also have several special focus interpretive planning courses for historic sites, botanical gardens, historic farms and world heritage sites.  Ask for details.
Our two-volume textbook set on Interpretive Master Planning is included with course materials.

A supervisors guide to Critiquing and Coaching Your Interpretive Staff, Eleven Units, 1.6 CEU Credits. $175.00.  Critiquing and coaching is a skill to help you communicate with your staff as to what they did great, and what areas of program or tour leading needs a little work, in a positive manner.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/critiquing_and_coaching_interpretive_staff.html

New Course. Advanced Interpretive Techniques -Interpreting the "rest of the story". This course focuses on interpretive techniques to help you, or your staff, “reveal” the stories sleeping in each artifact, landscape or site.  A course on story “awakening”.  12 Units, 2.5 CEU Credits $175.00 USD
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_techniques_-_the_rest_of_the_story_co.html

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.  We currently offer 42 different introductory and college level courses in heritage interpretation.  Have a look at our course catalog.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

Cheers,
John Veverka
HITC Director

To unsubscribe from the VSG list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=VSG&A=1