We (I am a computational chemist) have been submitting  data (raw,  and also nowadays what might be described as  FAIR)  to journals for around ten years now. In referee comments I have received back  on around  60 articles,  I believe referees have only noted twice that they appreciated the availability of the data.  I do not recollect any comments that they actually reviewed it. We do include a statement in the supporting letter that it exists (I do remember one referee objecting to its presence on the grounds that if they had tried to access it, it would compromise their anonymity in our server logs!)

In turn,acting  as a referee,  I have attempted to replicate perhaps 5 articles and have said so in my comments (the replications were mostly successful). On one interesting occasion (PNAS) I was actually named as a referee in the  header to the article, but no further information was allowed to be provided  (such as that the referee successfully, or not, replicated various claims).

One virtue of  FAIR data might be supposed that it is “referee friendly”.  But given the general  lack of any response to the data by referees, it is difficult to know why more do not report back on the virtues of having access to it!