Making information governance a high priority in the enterprise is a tall order. It is fair to say that perceptions around IG and its predecessor, document management, are that of back-office IT functions that reside “out of sight and out of mind” in a faraway data center. Hot tech concepts like DevOps, cloud, internet of things and digital transformation grab more headlines than IG, which is often perceived as being “not close to the business.” As such, it frequently gets pushed to the back of the line when it comes to IT prioritization.

Nevertheless, IG is challenged by sprawling amounts of siloed agency data, with petabytes of unknown information floating around on servers, driving ever-increasing storage costs while inhibiting access to current, accurate and legally-compliant data across the enterprise. What’s more, a robust IG policy is essential to enable digital transformation, as well as many of today’s advanced technologies designed to drive agency missions forward.

http://bit.ly/2QH8lIj
http://bit.ly/2QH8lIj+

--
Peterk