despite naive views to the contrary, oil is a scarce asset, whereas data is not. It was not until the advent of blockchain technology, that the concept of data singularity even became possible. A barrel of oil or the unexploited resource deep underground or trapped in shale deposits cannot have a digital twin and certainly not with a fractional cost of zero. While digital tokens can represent a share of an underlying asset such as oil, the fact of the matter is that the party that has the care, custody and control of the asset - in oil’s case typically a gun-toting nation state - will ultimately have the final say on how it is monetized and apportioned

http://bit.ly/2O0dZnd
http://bit.ly/2O0dZnd+

--
Peterk