Congratulations on the new website! It looks really good!

I'm not the least bit of an advertising expert, but from my own experiments
I have found Twitter ads to be more cost effective than Facebook ads.
Facebook ads promise an awful lot, but really don't seem to deliver much at
all at low budgets, whereas Twitter ads promise less, but do seem to follow
through. Part of that's demographics, I think – Twitter has always been
better for reaching the kinds of people who like Ada Lovelace Day, and
Facebook has always lagged.

I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences though, as with ALD
coming up shortly I'll be looking at online ads again myself!

Best

Suw

----

Tickets for *Ada Lovelace Day Live!* on sale now!
<https://findingada.com/events/ada-lovelace-day-live/>
*Join us for our 10th Ada Lovelace Day on Tuesday, 9 October *
Organise your own event
<https://findingada.com/events/organise-your-own-event/> and be part of
something fabulous!

Web: FindingAda.com <http://findingada.com/>
Twitter: @findingada <http://twitter.com/findingada>
Facebook: AdaLovelaceDay <http://facebook.com/AdaLovelaceDay/>

On 14 September 2018 at 08:12, Catherine Barber <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> The Daphne Jackson Trust has a new website - daphnejackson.org
>

> We hired an external agency, AVE Design <http://www.avedesignstudio.com/>,
> and highly recommend their services.
>

> Also, I’m keen to hear about what other charities/organisations do to
> promote a website once it has launched other than the usual social media
> posts? Also where would you recommend for online advertising?
>

> Thank you in advance!
>
> Catherine
>

> *Catherine Barber*
>
> *Communications Manager*
>
> *Please note I work part time, usually Monday to Wednesday, and will reply
> to your email as soon as possible.
>

> *The Daphne Jackson Trust*
>
> T 01483 689166 | www.daphnejackson.org | Find us on Facebook
> <https://www.facebook.com/DaphneJacksonTr/> and Twitter
> <https://twitter.com/DaphneJacksonTr>
>
> Charity No. 1125867  Company No. 06621472
>

> Visit *daphnejackson.org <https://daphnejackson.org/>* for the Daphne
> Jackson Trust’s new website. Learn all about *our work
> <https://daphnejackson.org/about-us/>* with returners, meet our *Fellows
> <https://daphnejackson.org/meet-our-fellows/>* and view our currently
> available *Fellowship opportunities
> <https://daphnejackson.org/about-fellowships/current-opportunities/>*.
>

> You can also download our new * Annual Review 2017
> <https://daphnejackson.org/news/new-annual-review-now-available/>*. If
> you would like a printed copy, please contact the Trust’s office on 01483
> 689166 or email [log in to unmask]

> to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring
> text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com
> nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail
> (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at
> [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use
> policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print
> Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]