NRICH Hands-On Maths Roadshow Co-ordinator / MMP Schools Liaison

Salary: £30,395-£39,609

Closing date: 24 September 2018

The Millennium Mathematics Project (maths.org) at the University of Cambridge has an exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher and mathematics communicator, with a passion for inspiring others and sharing their love of mathematics, to join our NRICH project team to deliver and further develop our Hands-On Maths Roadshow and problem-solving workshops for school students.

The Roadshow visits schools to engage school students with maths by presenting hands-on adaptations of NRICH problem-solving activities, and promotes the resources developed by NRICH (nrich.maths.org). The postholder will also help to deliver problem-solving workshops and activities at MMP events in Cambridge, including our very popular public and family mathematical events. In addition to continuing and further developing the successful existing Roadshow activities, there is exciting potential for developing new workshop and resource ideas, working with other members of the NRICH team.

The successful applicant will be a graduate in mathematics or a related subject, with excellent communication and organisational skills. Substantial teaching experience in UK primary or secondary schools is essential, and the successful candidate will be able to engage and inspire audiences across a range of attainment levels and ages. The post involves considerable and frequent travel throughout the UK, and occasionally overseas, to work with schools.

This is offered as a full-time post but we would also consider a part-time appointment (minimum 0.6 FTE).

Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 1 year in the first instance.

For full information and details of how to apply, please see http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/17914/

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************