Hello Designer, Researchers, and Innovators

As part of a public/private partnership on behalf of my institution, I am
currently involved in some research which pertains to use of domestic
additive manufacturing methods as an alternative to traditional modes of
current industry production in the garment industry.

At this phase, we are about to embark on user testing of the current
prototypes before market finalization, which will involve participants who
qualify using the product for a week as part of a wear test, reporting out,
and then a follow up focus group for recaps.

One of the issues which came up recently in the final stages of the
planning for the rollout of these user testing scenarios has to do with
protecting the product innovation from participants who inadvertently
"lose" the prototypes, or, more realistically, whisk them away for
competitive analysis.

Beyond having participants sign some sort of an NDA as part of the
eligibility qualification process, I was wondering if anyone had any other
recommendations or best practices that they might share in a similar
situation when trying to protect the IP behind the prototype design?

Thank you
Barbara

Barbara Trippeer
Assistant Professor, Fashion Design Apparel

227 W. 27th
Suite B713
New York NY 10001-5992
United States

212.217.5193
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Barbara

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 4:56 PM CHARLES BURNETTE <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Ken, Heidi, and others in this thread,
>
> To get a grasp on how scientists are beginning to define beauty in ways
> non scientists can appreciate I highly recommend.
>
>  Chatterjee, A. 2014: The Aesthetic  Brain: How We Evolved to Desire
> Beauty and Enjoy Art”, New York, Oxford University Press
>
> Two  of my  papers “ Beauty In and By Design” and "The Role of Aesthetics
> in Design Thinking” also address the subject of the thread.
> Both can be downloaded in their original versions  from
> http://www.independent.academia.edu/charlesburnette <
> http://www.independent.academia.edu/charlesburnette>
> If you want , slightly better  revised versions please email me.
>
> There is also wonderful new science on intuition and insight that is
> showing the way to scientifically based  design thinking  in papers at the
> above address.
>
> Finding  the common ground with science is the way forward for design ,
> and need not sacrifice its  humanistic nature.
>
> Or so I still believe,
> Chuck
> 10 <>
> New York, Oxford University Press,