Jonathan,

Thank you.  Your response is one of three of four that are really helpful and interesting.  We are hopefully just about to appoint to a one-year contract post, one of the tasks for which will be to weigh up the arguments for and against bar-coding, so that a decision can be made and implemented.  Once the person is in post, I will be passing over this thread and suggesting they talk to, and go and see, a few key people.

Bob Clark
Director
The Auchindrain Trust
mailto:[log in to unmask]