Dear All,

Can anyone help with a mystery ROSPA analysis obtained by the Local Government Association of falls in older people causing hospital admissions - which is based on Hospital Episode Statistics?  It was quoted a number of times around March 2018 but I cannot trace the full document.  I suspect that it would have been something that was commissioned (and probably paid for) by the LGA.  It is referred to in the article below (which I have a copy of).

Local Government Association (2018) Hospital admissions due to falls by older people set to reach nearly 1,000 a day.  Available at: https://www.local.gov.uk/about/news/hospital-admissions-due-falls-older-people-set-reach-nearly-1000-day (Accessed: 12 September 2018)

Note: this quotes from an analysis of Hospital Episode Statistics by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - the original of which has so far not been sourced.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

thanks

Janet

Janet Bayliss

Assistant Librarian

Library & Learning Resources

East Suffolk and North Essex Foundation NHS Trust (ESNEFT)

Education Centre,Ipswich Hospital

Heath Road

IPSWICH

Suffolk.

IP4 5PD.

Tel 01473 702544 or ext. 1544

Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

www.ipswichhospital.nhs.uk/library/library-and-learning-resources.htm<http://www.ipswichhospital.nhs.uk/library/library-and-learning-resources.htm>

www.elms.nhs.uk<http://www.elms.nhs.uk>

Now providing access to UpToDate www.uptodate.com<http://www.uptodate.com>