Dear Colleagues

I wonder if you would kindly share information about your library provision of lockers?

Here at the University of Edinburgh, the Main Library is undergoing a major review and design of reconfigured and possibly new space to meet future needs.

One aspect of our future provision under consideration is locker space, and locker management.

Currently we have 184 lockers in total (88 on ground, 64 on 1st and 32 on 5th floor). Our current seating capacity (all types) is over 2400.

The lockers are all of a standard size, key operated, with no power charging.

5 lockers are made available on a one day use basis; 33 lockers are assigned to students with a disability for the Session; 146 lockers are rented for the Session.

Lockers are managed by our library helpdesk.  There is no electronic booking system.

As we look to the future, the questions we are asking ourselves include:

How many lockers should we provide?

What types of locker would be useful to students and other visitors?

What terms and conditions of use should we offer, including period of use?

How should we manage the lockers, keeping staff intervention to a minimum?

I would welcome information about your own library locker provision – or perhaps you decided not to provide any lockers?

I realise this is a busy time for all of us in libraries, so your replies would be doubly welcome!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours

Barry

Barry Croucher

Head of Help Services

IS User Services Division

University of Edinburgh

Main Library

George Square

Edinburgh EH8 9LJ

0131 651 3812

CSEUK Primary (r) RGB

To unsubscribe from the LIS-LINK list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-LINK&A=1