Hello

At University of Portsmouth Library we currently have a Metadata
(cataloguing) team of 2.5 FTE Metadata Librarians (scale 4), a 0.5 FTE
Metadata Library Assistant (scale 3) and a 0.67 FTE Metadata Library
Processing Assistant (scale 2)

Our 0.5 Metadata Librarian post has recently become vacant and we are
assessing whether to replace the post like for like or to revise our team
structure.

Is anybody willing to share their metadata / cataloguing team structure
with me? I am interested in the following information

   - How many Metadata / Cataloguing staff do you have at different levels?
   - How much of your print stock is supplied shelf ready, and do you check
   over your shelf ready items before putting them out?
   - Do your Metadata Librarians / Cataloguers deal with print resources?
   - Do your Metadata Librarians / Cataloguers deal with electronic
   resources?
   - Do your Metadata Librarians / Cataloguers deal with discovery service
   management?
   - Are your Metadata / Cataloguing staff responsible for any other areas
   (eg involvement with reading lists)?

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to reply. I can share a summary with
the list if that would be of interest.

Hannah

--
Hannah Britcher
Team Leader, Procurement & Metadata

T: +44 (0)23 9284 3227
E: [log in to unmask]
W: http://www.port.ac.uk/library

University Library, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2ST, UK

I work Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Outside of these days please
contact my job share partner, Annushka Donin, on our shared email address: