We can Help!

How the British Council Supported Libraries under pressure 1934 -2018

The British Council experience 1934-2018.

ILIG informal on Wednesday 10th October 6.00pm- 7.45pm.

CILIP International Library & Information Group (ILIG) extends an open invite to join us at our next informal!

Date & Time:  Wednesday, 10th October  6:00pm to 7:45pm

Location: CILIP Head Office, 7 Ridgmount Street, London WC1E 7AE

Attendance is FREE but we kindly request that you book in advance for catering purposes (light nibbles/wine).

Stephan Roman, last years fellow. given for his work in international development of libraries, former global director of British Council libraries, and then regional director for South Asia between 2011 -2016 and will together with colleagues talk about the work of the British Council in supporting libraries under pressure in the period 1934-2018. This will focus on the work that the British Council has done over 70 years to maintain access to open information in societies where this access is restricted or denied.

ILIG Informals are not lectures; they are informal, but informative, early evening meetings with a short talk on a theme of international interest plus plenty of time for questions and networking. They are open to all and absolutely free. Light refreshments are served which is why we ask you to let ILIG know you are coming by booking online at bit.ly/2MklCUb).

To unsubscribe from the LIS-ILIG list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-ILIG&A=1