Hello,

If you've recently supervised an academic dissertation or thesis related to health information or if you have a student who's close to completing one, then I'm keen to hear from you.

I edit the regular feature called 'Dissertations into Practice' in the Health Information and Libraries Journal (HILJ) and I'm looking for new material.

Producing an article based on their dissertation is a first step into publishing and I am happy to help students achieve this.  It is also a chance to demonstrate to the journal readers how important this student research is for policy and practice.  Past articles have been co-authored (student and their supervisor) or single authored and have covered a wide range of topics including the use of Twitter for health information, trends in the use of Fitbits,  empowering effective library users in the health sector,  ebook management in NHS libraries and collection development for bibliotherapy.

For a taster of HILJ check out the 2018 Virtual Issue, which is freely available online at https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/page/journal/14711842/homepage/2018_virtualissue.htm

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Frances

Dr Frances Johnson | Senior Lecturer in Information Retrieval | Associate Editor, Data Technologies and Applications | Editor 'Dissertations into Practice', Health Information & Libraries Journal

Department of Languages, Information & Communications, Manchester Metropolitan iSchool | Manchester Metropolitan University, UK |E-Mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, Tel: +44(161)2476156

"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester Metropolitan University email disclaimer available on its website http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "