From: AMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 3:57 PM
Subject: CFP: Royal Musical Association, Manchester, Sep 2019
To: [log in to unmask]

RMA Annual Conference: Manchester, UK 2019

Call for Proposals

The 55th Annual Conference of the UK Royal Musical Association will be hosted jointly by the University of Manchester and the Royal Northern College of Music, between Wednesday 11 and Friday 13 September 2019. Full details are given on the conference website: https://www.alc.manchester.ac.uk/music/connect/events/rma2019/

The conference seeks to celebrate the interface between performance, musicology and composition, and we are therefore keen to encourage proposals for presentations that represent the full range of current international scholarly and creative research in music, including:

  •  Individual Papers (20 minutes)
  • Themed sessions of 3–4 papers (90 minutes)
  •  Lecture-recitals (30 minutes)
  • Poster presentations
  • Practice-based research workshops (90 minutes)
  • Acoustic, electroacoustic or mixed-media compositions (up to 10 minutes)

The Programme Committee welcomes proposals from both established scholars and practitioners and from early-career researchers. Any individual may submit one proposal; RMA membership is not a prerequisite for submission.

All proposals must be submitted via the online proposal submission form by 5 p.m. on Thursday 15 November 2018. Details of the procedures to be followed for the different types of submission can be found at https://www.alc.manchester.ac.uk/music/connect/events/rma2019/call-for-proposals/.

Programme Committee

  • Prof. Barbara Kelly (RNCM)
  •  Prof. Rebecca Herissone (University of Manchester)
  • Dr Warwick Edwards (RMA)
  • Dr Michelle Assay (RMA)
  • Dr Chloe Alaghband-Zadeh (University of Manchester)
  • Dr David Horne (RNCM)
  • Dr Tom Perchard (Goldsmiths, University of London)

Subpanel for selection of Acoustic and Electroacoustic Compositions

  • Prof. David Berezan (University of Manchester)
  •  Dr Laura Bowler (RNCM)
  • Dr Larry Goves (RNCM)
  • Dr David Horne (RNCM)
  • Prof. Camden Reeves (University of Manchester)

Danielle Sofer, PhD
Lecturer
Department of Music
Maynooth University

Room 115 Logic House
National University of Ireland Maynooth
Maynooth, County Kildare
Ireland
tel.  +353-(0)1-708 3733
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/music

To unsubscribe from the LGBTQ-MUSIC list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LGBTQ-MUSIC&A=1