Dear All,

* Apologies for cross-posting *

We are pleased to announce that on Monday 3rd September the University of Westminster went live with our new ‘one repository’ (provided by Haplo<https://haplo.com/repository>) adding significant functionality to our existing repository within our CRIS (Haplo Research Manager<https://www.haplo.com/research-manager>). This replaces our previous Haplo-EPrints hybrid solution which has seen our legacy EPrints replaced with a fully branded public Repository interface (WestminsterResearch<https://www.westminsterresearch.westminster.ac.uk/>).

The Research and Scholarly Communications team at Westminster have worked closely with colleagues at Haplo, those across the University and other institutions over the past year to build this new and improved repository platform.

Benefits include:

•            A single repository for all research outputs

•            Completed updated output types for practice-based (non-text based) research to more effectively capture and promote research in areas such as creative arts and architecture

•            The introduction of dynamic portfolios with linked outputs

•            A streamlined user interface

•            A secure platform which is built based on flexible and fine-grained role-based access control system so that sensitive information can be safely stored and a managed access request process enables controlled and audited sharing of files

•            Capture of research data sets

•            ORCID integration.

We have been able to take on board feedback received from our users since WestminsterResearch originally went live in 2005 and improvements include:

•            Recording ‘online first’ articles, before they are assigned a journal issue

•            Recording subcategories of articles, books, conference items and reports such as scholarly editions, journal editorials and book reviews.

We will also be implementing further features in the coming weeks including:

•            DOI import

•            DOI minting

•            Jisc Publications Router

•            REF Admin module which includes review process management and administration module and intelligent REF OA compliance checking, interpreting the data to report on expected compliance, not just current status

•            Updates to the user interface

See WestminsterResearch launch<https://haplo.com/repository/news/haplo-repository-powers-new-westminster-research> on Haplo’s news pages for a fuller update including details of an upcoming new open source release to capture recently developed functionality.

Kind regards,

Jenny Evans and Nina Watts (Open Access and Repository Advisor)

Jenny Evans | Head of Research and Scholarly Communications and Interim Lead: Research Office
Student and Academic Services | University of Westminster | Room 5.21 Cavendish Library | 115 New Cavendish Street | London | W1W 6UW

T: +44 (0)20 3506 7090 | E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | @jennye | westminster.ac.uk<http://westminster.ac.uk/>

The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW.

This message and its attachments are private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it and its attachments from your system.