Here are two other stories on this topic:1. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/01/saudi-arabia-may-dig-canal-to-turn-qatar-into-an-island2. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/01/saudi-arabia-drops-latest-hint-plans-canal-turn-gulf-rival-qatar/with the latter being a recent update.
Unless the twitter account holder has made their tweets private, tweets are publicly available even if you do not have an account. I believe that this https://twitter.com/saudq1978 is the correct twitter account, but I do not speak the language being used, so I cannot be certain. The images accompanying many of the tweets are quite clear.
Ilan