Dear all,

Our Executive Director is stepping down after four years to take up a 12-month Leverhulme Research Fellowship and following this will return to her position as Associate Professor in the English department at the University of Southampton. We are therefore seeking a new CEO who will join our small team and work closely with colleagues and the board of Trustees to shape the organisation for the future.

Chawton House is inviting applications for the new role of Chief Executive

Location:  Hampshire based, but may involve some travel

Salary: up to £55,000

Chawton House is undergoing a major transition to become a significant cultural and literary destination, seeking to work in close partnerships across Hampshire as part of the ‘Jane Austen Country’ experience. It aims to build on all that has been achieved to date to develop a sustainable future for the charity, benefitting the local community, visitors from further afield, and audiences from across the globe.

To find out more please see our website or click the link here: http://bit.ly/2OjwZ3p

The deadline for applications is 4pm on Friday 19 October 2018. First round interviews will take place on the 31 October; second round on 7 November.

For inquiries about the job please contact my colleague Jane Hammond on [log in to unmask] rather than myself.

Please share with anyone who might be interested.

Best,

Clio O'Sullivan
Communications and Development Officer

01420 595917

(Please note I work Monday to Wednesday)

Chawton House

Chawton, Alton, Hampshire GU34 1SJ

T: 01420 541010 E: [log in to unmask]

www.chawtonhouse.org  | Twitter  | Facebook | Instagram

Winner: Sandford Award for heritage education

#BrickbyBrick Buy a Brick and help us to save Jane Austen’s ‘Great House’ one brick at a time!

Registered Charity Name: Chawton House Library Registered Charity No. 1026921. Registered Company No. 2851718

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +