Hello- ahead of this year’s COP (the big climate change negotiation, COP being the Conference of Parties, parties meaning nations), there has been an initiative called the Talanoa Dialogue. This has aimed to help accelerate and broker relationships in support of positive climate action of all kinds, exploring the three questions ‘where are we?’, ‘where do we want to get to?’ and ‘how do we want to get there?’. We explored these three questions at the conference I co-organised in the Spring, in Manchester, on climate change and museums. I’ve put together a submission for the Dialogue, submitted through the University of Manchester:

https://unfccc.int/documents/182150

This is a summary of discussions we had in April, but is also supposed to help us all to connect with climate change action, and for different sectors to understand the opportunity presented by museums, of all shapes and kinds. It’s a starter for 10.

Best wishes,
Henry

Henry McGhie BSc MA AMA | Head of Collections and Curator of Zoology | Manchester Museum | The University of Manchester | Oxford Road | Manchester, England, UK | M13 9PL |  0161 275 2482 | www.manchester.ac.uk/museum

Henry Dresser and Victorian Ornithology: Birds, Books and Business

http://www.manchesteruniversitypress.co.uk/9781784994136/

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +