We really appreciate any help,

Best regards,

Daniela Valério

Qasim Bukhari <[log in to unmask]> escreveu no dia quarta, 29/08/2018 à(s) 17:41:
Dear Anderson
a couple of quick questions on it
  1. Is this procedure also valid for resting state data of two different conditions?
  2. How can this subtraction technique be used as design matrix inside the FSL Nets ? For running FSL Nets, what would be our difference images, since the inputs are the melodic or dr_stage1 files.
Thanks for your help

best
Qasim

From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Anderson M. Winkler <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] Doubts in our Design Matrix

Hi Daniela,

Although it's possible to put all data in a large design, perhaps you will prefer a more parsimonious strategy that is:

1) Compute the differences t2-t1, fu-t2 and fu-t1, thus having three 4D NIFTI files (each one having one 3D per subject, all in the same order).

2) Assemble a one-way ANOVA as in the manual, specifying your 4 groups as you have them: https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/GLM#ANOVA:_1-factor_4-levels__.281-way_between-subjects_ANOVA.29
The contrasts would however, be different. Probably you'll want something as
C1: [1 1 -1 1]
C2: [1 -1 1 -1]
C3: [1 -1 -1 1]
(and the negative versions of these).