Dear Maedeh,

All of the matrix options (matrix1, matrix2, and matrix3) will always give you a matrix of voxel/vertex by voxel/vertex and not ROIxROI. If you want to get the ROI by ROI connectivity (34x34 matrix in your case) you want the --network option. I don’t believe that this option is available from the GUI, so you will have to use the command line.

So, your steps should be:
1. Create 34 separate NIFTI files, one for each of your ROIs. Each NIFTI file should contain 1 for voxels in the ROI and 0 for all other voxels.
2. Create a text file listing the filenames of all the 34 NIFTI files (1 line per file)
3. Run probtrackx with the list of ROI filenames as seed and the --network option enabled. The simplest command line would be something like
$ probtrackx2 -s <bedpostX directory>/merged -m nodif_brain_mask.nii.gz -x <text file listing ROIs> --network
Note that if your ROIs are still in structural rather than diffusion space, you will also have to include the transformation matrices and/or warp fields (using the --xfm and --invxfm option).

Good luck,

Michiel