Från: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> för Mark Jenkinson <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Skickat: den 16 september 2018 11:17
Till: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Ämne: Re: [FSL] Registration to T1

Hi,

I am wondering, we are going to register FA images to T1 and PET images and I am wondering when in the process this is preferred to be carried out?

It doesn't really matter when you perform registration compared to other steps - what really matters is what images you use to do the registration and whether you resample (transform the images into another space) prior to any other processing steps or not.

We have ROIs outlined in PET where we want to assess FA in the sane areas.

That's fine - you just need to have transformations that can take you from PET space to FA space (or vice versa) and then apply this to the ROI.

Before the DTI images are processed into FA, MD etc or after?

OK, in this case you want to do the preprocessing of the diffusion images first (i.e., motion correction, eddy current correction, geometric/susceptibility/B0 distortion correction).  Then you can either use the preprocessed images directly (typically the b0) or calculate the FA and use that.  Either is fine and we've seen different results from different scanners and protocols so that it is hard to say for sure which is best.  I would typically try the b0 image first, but trying both and then comparing the results is probably the best approach.

What you want to do is to register a diffusion image to the T1 and then, independently, the PET to the T1.  Once you have both then you can combine the transformations to move between any pair of spaces.

I hope this helps.
All the best,
Mark

Best