From: Mark Jenkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, 15 August 2018 at 0.25
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [FSL] Manual edits to FIRST output

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you want.
If you have already edited the images then there is nothing more to do to obtain a mask - you've just created it.  So I would not run any FIRST boundary correction script afterwards, as you've already done a manual boundary correction.

Unfortunately it is very difficult to redo the training for FIRST and you would probably need hundreds of images to do a good job.  However, you can use MIST and is something that you could try if you were interested.  But if you only have a limited dataset and you've already done the manual editing, then there isn't anything to gain from running MIST or FIRST.  If you have not manually edited all the images and you've got a lot left to do then it would be worth trying MIST.

If you want to do a vertex analysis on your manually edited data then you can't use the standard scripts but I did propose a method on the FSL email list a while ago that would do this if you are interested.

All the best,
Mark