Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to give you early warning of a series of announcements which will follow in the next three days during which we will introduce the finalists in the 2018 Digital Preservation Awards.

The awards are the summit of our advocacy work for the digital preservation community, celebrating and recognizing outstanding contributions from a creative, insightful and generous community of practitioners around the world.  These achievements are too rarely celebrated and the work behind them too often overlooked.  We’d like to change that.

Since August an international panel of judges have had the pleasure of reading through a great mound of nominations. Yesterday we met to select finalists in five categories of the awards.  We will introduce them in a series of announcements over the next 3 days.  And that’s where I’d like your help.

We’ll announce the winners in Amsterdam on World Digital Preservation Day (29th Nov). In the meantime can I count on you all please to raise the roof: to tweet or email or blog congratulations and encouragements to the many wonderful people and initiatives which we will have the privilege of introducing. #dpa2018 #nodigitaldarkage

All best wishes,

William

--

Dr William Kilbride FSA

Executive Director, The Digital Preservation Coalition

My email hours are 0800-1000 Monday-Friday

http://www.dpconline.org/

@williamkilbride

0141 330 2252

cid:image002.jpg@01D3F443.47DAE3B0

Nominations have now closed.  Watch this space for the shortlist.

--

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent and does not constitute legal advice.  We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the DPC.  Registered in England No: 4492292

To unsubscribe from the DPC-DISCUSSION list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=DPC-DISCUSSION&A=1

To unsubscribe from the DIGITAL-PRESERVATION list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=DIGITAL-PRESERVATION&A=1