That’s a good point - I’m tempted to say that I can’t imagine ICO doing anything about it, but that’s cheating. Strictly for the purposes of a non-EU transfer which publication on the internet would represent, I can’t see that any of the other justifications would be likely to apply.

--
Tim Turner
www.2040training.co.uk

From: Data Protection <[log in to unmask]>
Reply: Data Protection <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 28 September 2018 at 17:04:27
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  [data-protection] FW: [data-protection] FW: Filming Photography of Students during Sporting Event

As many photographs are destined to end up on a website would consent not be necessary to the enable transferring of personal data outside the EU in the absence of an adequacy decision or other appropriate safeguards?  This is the basis on which I have been assuming that consent will normally be required for photographs.

Regards

Fiona Wheater

Governance and Information Compliance Manager

University of Stirling