From: Collaborative Computational Project in Electron cryo-Microscopy <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Stefano Trapani <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 10:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccpem] calibrated pixel size

Le 2018-09-17 15:52, Dmitry Lyumkis a écrit :

Dear Stefano,
One approach that we like is to simply calculate the cross-correlation coefficient of the map to the model (converted to a map) in Chimera (options “Fit in map” and "use simulated map from atoms”). Then adjust the voxel size in the “coordinates” tab for the cryo-EM map, and perform essentially the analysis that you’re doing. In my experience, this tends to provide a sharper peak, but you may have to perform for the asymmetric unit of the model.
Best,
Dmitry

Hi

We've tried that also.
However, I wonder why the refined model should give a better (rigid) fit when the magnification level is different from that used during refinement. I our case it does not.

Best

Stefano