From: Takanori Nakane <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 12:42 PM
To: Coudray, Nicolas
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccpem] Empty logfile.pdf with Relion 3 on the tutorial dataset

Hi,

This sounds like a file system issue. That is, ghostscript
does not 'see' the EPS files RELION just created, for some reason.

In past, we had a bug where multiple threads of CtfRefine wrote to
a same file, sometimes corrupting the output. This bug was fixed on July 9th,
one month before we went to public beta testing.

> * when the job fails, if we tried to use the gs command to convert the
> intermediate eps files to pdf, it works

This means EPS outputs are fine.
If EPS files are broken, ghostscript complains.

> * The post-processing job remains stuck in the "running job" section of
> the GUI and no logfile.pdf is produced either.

The GUI thinks the job is still running because logfile.pdf is not there.
Since post-processing does not use multi-threading, this also excludes the
possibility of the above mentioned bug.

Best regards,

Takanori Nakane