From: [log in to unmask] [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 29 September 2018 12:12
To: Patricia Noxolo (Geography)
Subject: Job Opportunity - Research Fellow in Tourism and Events - University of Sunderland, UK

Hi Pat:

I know that this is not specifically about Caribbean Studies but I believe that there are some persons in this network who do tourism or related subjects so might be interested in this job opportunity?  So I wonder whether you could be so kind as to circulate the below to the network on my behalf please?

Thanks so much in advance!

Best wishes

Donna
***************

Research Fellow in Tourism and Events

The following job opportunity might be of interest to members of this network.  Please note that the closing date for applications is 21st October 2018.

The University of Sunderland is an international university with branch campuses in Sunderland, London and Hong Kong and with an extensive network of centres in other parts of the world including Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam. The Faculty of Business, Law and Tourism has a track record of internationally excellent and world leading research and attracts a large number of post-graduate research students, seeing them through the successful completion of their research degree programmes. Within the Faculty, the Department of Tourism, Hospitality and Events is comprised of world leading researchers.

Research in the Department is led by the Centre for Research in Tourism Excellence (CERTE) which is underpinned by a critical, interdisciplinary approach that mirrors the dynamic nature of tourism, hospitality and events in contemporary societies. We are committed to ensuring that our teaching is led by our research, providing a transformative education for all our students.

Our Department has a very strong, positive work ethic, a focus on excellence and inclusivity, and offers a very welcoming and supportive environment for all new employees.

We now require a Research Fellow on a two year fixed term contract to undertake research into the Tall Ships Event, Sunderland 2018.  To apply for the role you must have:

  *   A PhD or equivalent qualification in tourism, events or related area;
  *   A track record of publication in high quality tourism or related journals; and
  *   Skills in using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies

Please visit the following link for further information and to apply for this exciting new opportunity with us here at Sunderland - https://jobs.sunderland.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=0364-18

For informal  enquiries please contact Professor Donna Chambers – [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>; Tel: +44 0191 515 2994.

Please note that this role is eligible for Tier 2 sponsorship in accordance with the UK Home Office Points Based Immigration System.  Should you therefore require further information, please visit the Home Office website www.gov.uk<http://www.gov.uk>