Dear friends and colleagues -

--apologies for cross-posting--

You are warmly invited to attend the two-day workshop: Building the Anti
Racist Classroom taking place 18-19 October 2018 at Queen Mary University of
London, UK.

The workshop is for people who experience the impacts of racism in higher
education, as well as those who are committed to fighting racism in their
universities or departments, challenging white privilege and creating
equitable learning conditions. We hope that bringing like-minded people
together in a space that is open and respectful will spark interventions in
our universities as well as help to sustain on-going campaigns and efforts.

While our workshop is aimed at students, admin and faculty from the field of
business and management, we welcome those from other disciplines who are
looking to further their understanding of racism in the UK academic field
and/or to join forces with other like-minded people.

Details about how to pre-register and workshop programming can be found
here:

https://barcworkshop.wordpress.com/upcoming-events/

 <https://barcworkshop.wordpress.com/upcoming-events/> Image removed by
sender.

 <https://barcworkshop.wordpress.com/upcoming-events/> Upcoming events

barcworkshop.wordpress.com

Building the Anti-Racist Classroom Workshop Thursday 18- Friday 19 October
2018, Queen Mary University of London BOOKING NOW OPEN: CLICK HERE TO
REGISTER Come and join us for a path-breaking worksh.

Please feel free to forward this email to people you think would like to
join us. Do get in touch if you have any queries or questions - I do hope
that you can be part of the event!

With all good wishes -

Sadhvi

Sadhvi Dar, B.Sc. (Hons) Psych., Ph.D. (Cantab), SFHEA

Senior Lecturer in Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics

School of Business and Management

Queen Mary University of London

Mile End Campus

E1 4NS London, UK

Get in touch

Email: [log in to unmask]

Tel: +44 (0)7973 236 104

Skype: dr.sadhvi.dar

Drop in

Office: Room no. 4.03, Francis Bancroft Building, Mile End Campus

Explore projects and initiatives

Anti-Racist activism in the business management field: Building the Anti
Racist Classroom <http://www.barcworkshop.wordpress.com>  collective and
workshop 18-19 October 2018

Community organising among business management scholars, students and
activists:  <https://decolonizingalliance.wordpress.com/> The Decolonizing
Alliance

Participatory and interdisciplinary AHRC funded research project with Drama:
<http://www.theverbatimformula.org.uk/> The Verbatim Formula

"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that
is an act of political warfare." Audre Lorde