Elizabeth Oxborrow-Cowan Associates Ltd
+44 (0)7719 609894
www.elizabethoc.co.uk

On 28 Sep 2018, at 13:41, Paul Sillitoe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Rambling Syd Rumpo resurrected, perhaps

From: Archivists, conservators and records managers. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anna Stone
Sent: 28 September 2018 12:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Use of the word artefact

As it is Friday I thought I would share this.

I’ve just had a really confusing conversation with someone using the word artefact to mean an objective or deliverable.

They tell me it is commonly used in this way now. It seems more like a mistake someone has made with a thesaurus -  i.e. the ‘object’ of this meeting becomes the ‘artefact’ of this meeting.

Has anyone else come across the word artefact being used in this way?

Anna

Anna Stone
Group Archivist | Group Archive | Aviva Secretariat
Tel: +44 (0)1603-682-645 | Mob: +44 (0) 700-694-221
Internal: (7) 682-645
8 Surrey Street, Norwich NR1 3NG United Kingdom

<image001.jpg>

This message and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or e-mail the sender and delete this message and any attachments from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person. Your personal details will be used by Aviva plc for the purpose of providing the information that you have requested and/or dealing with your enquiry. Your personal details will be retained for a period of 7 years in case we need to refer to your previous enquiry if you contact us again in the future. Unless you have a business relationship with Aviva or its business partners that provides otherwise, your personal data will not be used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties. To find out more about your rights in relation to the data we hold about you, you can view our full privacy policy at https://heritage.aviva.com/legal/privacy-policy/.

Aviva plc, registered Office: St. Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ. Registered in England No. 02468686. www.aviva.com

This message and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or e-mail the sender and delete this message and any attachments from your system. Also, if you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachments or disclose the contents to any other person. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Aviva.