Dear all

Please find below details of the autumn meeting of the ARA South West region, which is being held on 6th October at the REME Museum, Lyneham.

If you would like to attend, please let me know before the 1st October - and if you wish to have an additional museum ticket, please let me know the name of the person you would like to bring.

Our next meeting will be on Saturday 6th October at the REME Museum, Lyneham: http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/ This meeting will include an update on CPD by Chris Sheridan, who also spoke at our summer meeting, and the rest of the day will be devoted to military archives. We will also be holding our regional meeting. The programme is available below.

Please note that tea and coffee will be provided on the day, but no lunch will be provided. There is a café on site at the REME Museum which you are welcome to purchase lunch from, or please bring your own.

You will notice that there is a tour of the archive taking place at the end of the day. We are very grateful to the museum for also allowing us to go round there after the archive tour, if we want to, and any delegates are being allowed free entry. The museum has also offered a limited number of free tickets for family members, so if you want to bring someone to go round the museum with you, please let me know. This will be on a first come first served basis, and only one free ticket extra per delegate, so any further tickets will need to be purchased. Please remember to email me on [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you do want to reserve a free ticket for a family member, to avoid disappointment.

Programme for Regional Meeting 6 October 2018

9.45 am               Arrival and coffee (tea, coffee and biscuits provided)

10.15 am             Chris Sheridan - CPD

11.15 am             Coffee

11.30 am             Paul Evans from the Army Museums Ogilby Trust

12.30 pm            Lunch - please bring your own or you can use the onsite café

1.30 pm               SW region meeting

2.00 pm         Rosemary Boyns - researching military ancestors / cataloguing military archives

3.00 pm         Panel discussion with Paul Evans and Rosemary Boyns

3.30 pm               Optional tour of the REME archives with Celia Cassingham; delegates are also welcome to visit the museum free of charge

If you would like to attend the regional meeting please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by Monday 1st October.

Directions to the REME Museum: http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/visit/

Kind regards

Ally McConnell
Community Cataloguing Archivist
Gloucestershire Archives
Clarence Row
Alvin Street
Gloucester
GL1 3DW

01452 425205

Think before you print - only print this email if absolutely necessary.

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the named addressee you must not disclose, copy or take any action in
reliance of this transmission and you should notify us as soon as possible.

This email and any attachments are believed to be free from viruses but it is your
responsibility to carry out all necessary virus checks and Gloucestershire County Council
accepts no liability in connection therewith.