Dear Vasile

I am an ''aged'' (71) still working self-employed 'clinical-artisinal'
anthropologist who never did anything in visual anthropology.

And I will not be able to attend your conference but still think there
could be an overlap in our interests.

I am a grouptherapist working with young men from migrant/refugee
families and educating professionals working for/with them for three
decades. And I am an artisinal artist too. see PDF and
www.anthropo-gazing.nl

Following Foucault and anthropologist Gregory Bateson on their
conceptions of the ''Gaze'' and perception the (English translated)
title of my book (December 2017) in Dutch is: Young Men as
Whistleblowers: an Anthropological Gaze upon Failing Institutions and
Transitional Spaces. I intend to bring out an English translation. see
PDF. The book is a bundle of 20 of my anthropological articles/chapters
in non-anthropological handbooks/journals in the last 25 years.

My empirical founded conception of an 'Anthropological Gaze' with some
irony to Foucault's 'Medical Gaze' (Regard Medicale) is a visual conception.

Visual anthropology  could perhaps being enriched by formulating
epistemological  reference points.

With little expetation I still hope this is of some interest for your
conference

kind regards

Dirck van Bekkum, The Netherlands

clinical-artisinal anthropologist
www.anthropo-gazing.nl
www.ctt.nl

Perhaps you will SEE some interfaces in our works/interests.