Troubling Objects: interrogating collecting and collections

11 September, 10.20am-6.15pm

Hochhauser Auditorium, Sackler Centre for arts education, V&A

Tickets cost £5.00

Click here to book your ticket

Troubling Objects, a V&A Research Institute (VARI) symposium, will bring together academics, artists, activists and museum professionals to share ideas about how we can rethink both histories of collecting and the representation, interpretation and display of historical collections.

The emphasis will not solely be placed on objects and collections, but also on institutional practices themselves.

The symposium, which will take the form of a public conversation, will be structured so as to ensure discussion is open and inclusive. Each session will revolve around a particular question, with responses welcomed from both panellists and the audience.

Speakers will include: Priya Khanchandani, Aliyah Hasinah, Sean Curran, S. I. Martin, Jocelyn Dodd, Subhadra Das, Jane Wildgoose, Sushma Jansari, Sandra Shakespeare and VARI Visiting Professor, Elizabeth Edwards.

An evening wine reception will follow. Click here for more information and to book your ticket.

VARI is generously supported by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation’

Thank you so much for your time,

Best wishes,

Rachel Feldman

Project Manager and Residencies Co-Investigator (Maternity Cover) – V&A Research Institute (VARI) https://www.vam.ac.uk/vari

Cromwell Road | South Kensington | London SW7 2RL | T: +44 (0)20 7942 2140 | [log in to unmask]

In order to leave the group, visit www.jiscmail.ac.uk/university-museums-group-uk enter Join or leave list (or change settings) and press the delete button.