Hi all,

I received this enquiry/invitation from Tari, who some of you may know from his fab work with the London Graphic Novel Network.
It's not something I'm able to be involved in, but I asked if he was happy for me to post it on here to see if anyone else is (which he was)

So if you are interested in the below, please get in touch with him at [log in to unmask]

'Hi,

A little bit of a vague idea, but I was recently contacted by an MA student who wants to organise an event exploring and discussing female hero and villain characters, and understanding the relationships between character and audience and how we interact with fiction from the perspectives of fandom to cosplay. I was hoping to find writers and academics primarily who would be interested in this topic. I would like to organise some sort of free, collaborative, interactive event to explore this topic.

Would this be something you would be interested in collaborating on? Or would you be able to direct me to people you could recommend? Such as British comics writers or researchers interested in ideally superheroes. Ideally female, but anyone interested or qualified is fine.

Generally I'm trying to organise comics events at libraries across London. Our last event was a manga event we held in collaboration with the Embassy of Japan. Next I'm organising a Comics & Gaming event in August. Karen Rubins will be there presenting her comics-strip card game, Comics Turns. I'm working on a few other things this year, and I recently received some arts council funding to do more comic book themed events in libraries.

Ideally the event would be sometime in October too, perhaps during the afternoon.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you.

Tari

London Graphic Novel Network CIC

Connecting you with comic books and more in London Libraries and beyond…

londongraphicnovelnetwork.com

facebook.com/groups/londongraphicnovelnetwork

facebook.com/londongraphicnovelnetwork

meetup.com/london-graphic-novel-network

@LDNcomics'

cheers,
Maggie

--

Dr Maggie Gray

Lecturer in Critical and Historical Studies (Illustration Animation), Kingston School of Art.

Kingston University, Knights Park, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2QJ

To unsubscribe from the UKCOMICSCHOLARS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=UKCOMICSCHOLARS&A=1