Dear Dani,

On 24 Aug 2018, at 19:18, Dani Berge wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> First of all, I would like to thank Christian Gaser for this amazing
> toolbox and for responding the email list,
>   I have tried both strategies that Christian Gaser suggested. Both of
> them
> work perfectly:
>
> - The first option, if you run CAT12 in expert mode (type
> cat12('expert')
> in matlab, go to segmentation and there will be more options
> available. One
> of them is to save atlas maps in subject space. The only drawback is
> that
> you have to run segmentation again (I could not find another way).
> Then you
> will have, at each subject folder, a new folder called mri_atlas where
> the
> specified atlas in subject space  (neuromorphometrics, ibpa40, .. the
> ones
> that you also specify in the segmentation options.) have been saved.
> Then
> you are ready to apply whatever roi mask you want to your subject
> (using
> imcalc or fslmaths you can extract each roi and apply it).
> - The second option (map your FDG or fMRI data to surface), also works
> fine
> following Chrisitan Gaser instructions, but, as far as I know, you
> cannot
> get the surface atlas in subject space. In my case, I was interested
> in
> combining a group of ROI (for example, total grey matter), and I
> managed to
> do this creating a new annot file (they are in cat12/atlas_surfaces/).
> Basically, using the function cat_io_FreeSurfer in matlab, I used the
> aparc_a2009s.freesurfer.annot file as a model, and modified the
> "label" mat
> variable to match the vertex with the labels you want to join with the
> new
> label. You have to look at the "colortable" mat variable to find out
> wich roi corresponds to each label. Then run the "Extract ROI Data"
> functions and you will have for each subject, a 'rois' folder with a
> csv
> file with the average values for each ROI you defined.

There will be a more simpler option available in the next releases. This
option will allow to extract ROI-values from (r)fMRI or PET-data using
the surface atlases in native space in one step. Here, the Human
Connectome Project (HCP) Multi-Modal Parcellation atlas and the
Local-Global Intrinsic Functional Connectivity Parcellation by Schaefer
et al. will be particularly helpful.

Best,

Christian