From: Social History Curators Group email list <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Sarah Maultby
Sent: 08 August 2018 13:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Mystery Object

This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------
Hi,
It's a bit tricky with just one image and the description but does it stand a different way up than it's been photographed? if so could it be a plate rack? The plates fit through the 1 cm gap and rest in the 1cm rebate on the other piece of wood. I've seen similar displaying decorative plates, mid 20th century. could be wall hung or stand on a piece of furniture.

Best Wishes
Sarah

Sarah Maultby MA, AMA
Honorary Curator