Dear all

Over the past year the Learning Enhancement and Academic Development Service (LEADS) at the University of Glasgow has been redeveloping our taught provision. The result of this huge redevelopment is our MEd in Academic Practice programme.

In this new design, we have combined our classroom based PGCAP programme (our core provision for all academic staff at Glasgow) with a blended and online learning environment meaning that colleagues across the sector can engage with our programme and ‘top up’ an existing PGCAP to our PGDip or MEd awards. Our programme, including a top up from PGCAP, can be conducted fully or partially online, as well as studied in a blended format. This innovative take on blended learning design means that we can offer a PGCAP for our campus based colleagues, whilst also offering professional development in teaching, learning and assessment in a wide variety of courses to PG Diploma and Masters level in a single, integrated learning environment.

Our programme is designed with flexibility in mind: students can apply to study the whole programme (which has named exit points at PGCert, PGDip and MEd levels) or they can apply to study particular courses on the programme either without a named award in mind or as a top up to an existing award (subject to appropriate APCL/APEL). More detailed information on our programme can be found on the LEADS PGCAP webpage including some information about individual courses on the programme. Courses on this new programme are typically either 10 or 20 credits and span a wide curriculum from course design to TELT, and from an introduction to learning and teaching in higher education to planning and undertaking a SoTL project.

This new programme launches in September 2018 and we are accepting applications for September 2018 and January 2019 starting points. Please feel free to share this more widely with your colleagues if you think it appropriate. Any enquiries can be directed to [log in to unmask]

Dr Michael P McEwan, SFHEA

Head of Subject: Academic and Digital Development

Lecturer and Senior Academic and Digital Development Adviser

Coordinator, MEd in Academic Practice (including PGCAP)

Learning Enhancement and Academic Development Service (LEADS)

University of Glasgow

64 Southpark Avenue

Glasgow

Tel: +44 (0)141 330 6244

University of Glasgow: The Times Scottish University of the Year 2018

To unsubscribe from the SEDA list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=SEDA&A=1