Dear all
I am sorry but the registration link in the previous announcement was incorrect. Please find the correct one below and in the poster attached.
Regards
Marion

*Reminder*

Please see below for a reminder of an upcoming symposium at the University of Surrey entitled 'Classroom interaction at the internationalised university'. Please note the final submission for papers is 19th October 2018. The link for registration is now live and details are given below:

*Call for papers*
Dear Colleagues,

We are delighted to announce an upcoming symposium entitled Classroom Interaction at the Internationalised University at the University of Surrey on Monday 10th December 2018 (10am-5pm). Please see poster attached.

Confirmed plenary speakers are Dr Jan Hardman, University of York, Professor Helen Spencer-Oatey, University of Warwick and Professor Steve Walsh, University of Newcastle.

The aim of this symposium is to draw together researchers and practitioners from the disciplines of academic development, higher education and applied linguistics to share expertise and create research networks in the area of classroom interaction. Interaction and classroom talk have long been acknowledged as vital for learning. However, in today's international university, the multitude of varieties of English spoken by members of the classroom community has the potential to lead to misunderstandings and emotive reactions. Despite these insights, there is, as of yet, little focus on classroom interaction in higher education research.
The symposium will lead to significant advances in the understanding of HE classroom interaction, as well as establish robust links between the higher education discipline and applied linguistics. Further examination of classroom interaction in higher education contexts would also support teacher development activities. To this end, we invite proposals of 25 minutes which address any of the following three strands:
1) Classroom interaction in HE
2) Internationalisation of HE
3) Data-led reflection
Please send the completed proposal form to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by 19th October 2018. In your proposal please include the following information:
Name:
Affiliation:
Email:
Biodata (30 words):
Session title:
Session summary (250 words):
 Presenters will be informed by 26th October 2018.
You can also now register at the following link:   https://tinyurl.com/yad6ufna
We look forward to seeing you on 10th December. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.

Kind regards
Marion

Dr Marion Heron (Engin), SFHEA
Senior Lecturer in Higher Education
Block 35-AD-04
University of Surrey
Guildford GU2 7XH
01483 689113

Latest publications:

Heron, M. (2018). Pedagogic practices to support international students in seminar discussions. Higher Education Research & Development.
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/07294360.2018.1512954

Heron, M. & Webster, J. (2018). Scaffolding talk in EAP lessons: an examination of experienced teachers' practices. Innovation in Language Learning and Teaching.
https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/3GRvrPkjqnrU4evppmDc/full