Dear Colleagues

As part of my EdD research, I am inquiring into the experiences of
academics from professional backgrounds as they negotiate their new career
as an academic in higher education in the UK. Thank you to all in the SEDA
community for responding to my first request for new academic from
professional backgrounds. I am now seeking participants who:

   -

   Have held a *professional* career (for example nursing, teaching,
   engineering, finance)
   -

   Now employed in an *academic lecturing *role for *more than 3 years *

The research aims to increase the understanding into the period of
transition between professional career and academic career to inform the
educational development community.

Information is included in the attached participant information sheet, but
please do contact me directly if you have any further questions:

If you would like to participate, please email outlining your current role
and previous profession.

Please do cascade to any of your contacts who may be interested in
participating.

The study has been approved by the Oxford Brookes University Research
Ethics Committee

UREC Registration No: 181187

Kindest regards

Mary

Mary Kitchener SFHEA

Educational Development Consultant
Oxford Centre for Staff and Learning Development

Tel: 01865 485098
Email: [log in to unmask]

@lecturerkitch

*Connect with OCSLD*
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
<http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/home/?u=d8ae0c780c&id=264f0e0dce> | Blog
<http://ocsld.brookesblogs.net/>
Website <http://www.brookes.ac.uk/ocsld/> | Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/ocsld> | Youtube
<http://www.youtube.com/BrookesOCSLD> | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/ocsld>
Publications to buy online
<http://www.brookes.ac.uk/services/ocsld/books/index.html> | Online courses
<http://www.brookes.ac.uk/services/ocsld/online/index.html> | Workshops
<http://www.brookes.ac.uk/services/ocsld/staffcourses/general/index.html>

If you have received this email in error, you must treat the information in
it (and in any attachment) as strictly CONFIDENTIAL and should delete it
immediately. Oxford Brookes University is not responsible for any personal
opinion expressed in this e-mail.