Hello everyone,

I have received an enquiry from a former colleague who is moving her lab to another university. She is wondering what to do with old lab notebooks.

We don’t have a policy for this at the University of Cambridge, but does anyone else, either formally or informally?

I assume the data referred to in the notebooks would have been published/made available in some way by now. If she wants to keep them I suppose she could scan them and then dispose of the hard copies, but this would take a lot of time and effort.

With thanks and best wishes,

Clair

Clair Castle MCLIP

Research Data Coordinator

Office of Scholarly Communication

Cambridge University Library

West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DR

+44 (0) 1223 334739

signature

To unsubscribe from the RESEARCH-DATAMAN list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=RESEARCH-DATAMAN&A=1