Records Management Assistant

Closing Date - Wednesday, 15th August

We have a rare and exciting opportunity to join one of the UKs leading Law Firms as a Records Management Assistant. The role is based in our brand new Manchester offices right in the heart of Manchester City Centre.

The Role

Working as a Records Management Assistant you will work to assist with all aspects of the Irwin Mitchell Records Management service, working with both electronic and paper-based records.

Within your role, your day to day duties will include working with our Archiving Suppliers to ensure firm-wide delivery of service as well as supporting our business areas with a view to ensuring core records management sensibilities are incorporated into day-to-day activity for both paper and electronic records.

Using your previous experience within records management, you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of record management systems and experience of working to SLAs. You will also use this knowledge to inform best practice and be able to identify opportunities to enhance the record management programme as well as engaging in projects and supporting change across the department.

Given the nature of the role, you must have a thorough understanding of legal, regulatory and business requirements with regards to records management.

You will be an exceptional communicator with the ability to work collaboratively both with your own team but also across the wider business to maintain a climate of support and co-operation across all sites. You must be able to liaise effectively at all levels and act with professionalism and discretion at all times, especially when working with confidential and sensitive information. You will also act as first point of contact for both external storage suppliers and on-site staff.

The Company

Irwin Mitchell is a people business and people are at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about the law and in providing our clients with the very best legal advice and guidance through our expertise and client understanding. We are renowned for our human approach to law which differentiates us in a highly competitive market.

Over the past 10 years, we have grown significantly to become one of the largest legal businesses within the UK and we believe it is our great people that attract our great clients.

Our firm is diverse and unique by its design and we are constantly looking to develop not only our client experience but also our investment in our people. We have been recognised for the diversity of our workforce and are committed to being a great place to work for the people who currently work with us and those who join us in the future.

Benefits

In addition to your basic salary we have a competitive benefits package including pension, critical illness cover, health cash plan, death in service, discounted legal services, 25 days hols (this increases with length of service), discounted online shopping, season ticket loans, childcare Vouchers. In Sheffield we also have an on- site subsidised canteen and star bucks, corporate gym membership.

Irwin Mitchell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

For more information or to apply please contact [log in to unmask]