 Hello All

I am looking for some guidance.

I am working for a Local Authority in Ireland and we are looking to insure our records that are stored in standard banker’s boxes with a very reputable offsite storage company. The insurance company are looking for us to put a value on the records. In the past the standard recommended value would have been€1,093 per linear foot (equivalent to three standard 1.25 bankers’ boxes). What have value have you insured your records for?

The majority of records may be easily reconstituted but other may not. Title deeds to be reconstituted would be €4,000 + per deed.

Some points to note: most offsite storage companies limit liability to €0.50 per box. Upon taking legal advice it was suggested that this limit of €0.50 per box would also effect the amount there are liable for after we included our GDPR clauses which transferred the liability to them if they caused the breach. We specified the amount to be covered if a breach occurred.

Hope you have a great day

Kind regards

Dorothy

Dorothy Quinn FIRMS MSc RM BSc Econ

M: +353 (85) 194 7045
E: [log in to unmask]

Disclaimer: Copyright in this e-mail and any document created by us will be and remain vested in us and will not be transferred to you. We assert the right to be identified as the author of and to object to any misuses of the contents of this email or such documents. The information transmitted is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please note that any views, advice or opinions contained in this communication are those of the sending individual and not necessarily those of DeeQue. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify us immediately, destroy any copies and delete it from your computer system. Thank you.