From: Race & Ethnicity Study Group (BSA) List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Saini, Rima [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 23 August 2018 21:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [BSA-RACE] FW: Recruiting - please share! Closes 27 August

Digital Community Manager (16 hours p/w, part-time, fixed term)

About us

Media Diversified is a social enterprise working to enrich, engage and improve the UK’s media landscape. The organisation was founded in 2013 with a mission to challenge the homogeneity of voices in UK news media, through addressing the under-representation of BAME communities.

About the role

We are looking for an experienced, flexible and London-based Community Manager. You'll be taking over from our the Director of Audience who has been instrumental in the organisation's social strategy to date.

You will be a creative self-starter with a passion for promoting the work of people of colour.

Responsibilities

§  Co-creating and implementing a social media strategy using current channels (Instagram, Twitter and Facebook) and exploring new avenues to grow our communities and increase engagement with our content

§  Supporting us to nurture relationships with our communities of writers and subscribers

§  Reporting on engagement with content

§  Monitoring and reporting on social media trends to the editor

§  Creating digital content, including newsletters, graphics, gifs, short video

Essential skills and experience

§  An understanding of the MD mission and an alignment with the organisation's values

§  Experience in media, and campaigning activism an advantage

§  Highly-organised, with good time management and able to translate ideas into tangible outcomes

§  Experience of building online audiences across platforms

§  Knowledge of web analytics, social media tools (SEO an advantage)

§  Graphic design skills (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign)

§  Ability to produce social video and visual content on the fly

§  Able to work flexibly and part of a small team

To apply

To apply please share your CV, along with a short cover letter that provides examples from your work or educational history demonstrating the required skills and experience by 27 August to Henna Zamurd-Butt, [log in to unmask].

Telephone discussions will take place from 30 August. In-person meetings during week of 3 September.

Expected start date is week commencing 10 September. For more info, or for an informal chat please email Henna to arrange.

--

Henna Zamurd-Butt

CEO Media Diversified // Director Bare Lit Festival

@hennazb // +44 75155 71119

This Email list is maintained by the BSA Race & Ethnicity Study Group. Visit the BSA website for further information about the group: https://www.britsoc.co.uk/groups/study-groups/race-ethnicity-study-group/