Hi all

I thought I would share a recent discrimination case that is quite
interesting. Its concerning a GP who was dismissed rather than being allowed
to work part-time as a reasonable adjustment - on appeal he won his case,
the interesting part for me is that part of the judgment was the failure of
the employer to obtain an up to date medical report as stated below:

The  ET  found  his  dismissal  was  procedurally  unfair  because  the

Respondents - who could have employed him in a part-time capacity - had not
obtained an up-

dated  medical  report  about  his  fitness  to  return  or  discussed  the
possibility  of  part-time

working.

The full case can be read in the following link
https://www.gov.uk/employment-appeal-tribunal-decisions/dr-j-ali-v-drs-torro
sian-lechi-ebeid-and-doshita-ta-bedford-hill-family-practice-ukeat-0029-18-j
oj

Best regards

Karen

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES: