Hello! the app has now been released, much easier to download and give it a try :)

you can download it here for Android or here for iPhone/iOS

On 24 January 2018 at 11:57, Julia Mariani <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to invite you all to Beta test ArtString, a companion app for museums.

The app is an effort to make better use of museums APIs for audiences, by displaying the pieces to museum visitors in a way that they can add hashtags, start and join conversations, create 'strings' (mini collections, like playlists, of pieces, on whatever theme they wish) and favourite them.

https://www.artstringapp.com/beta

It's suppose to be multi-museum, but right now on beta there's only the Science Museum (because they had the easiest API to work with and were super helpful, yay!). British Museum and V&A are planned to be added to it for the general release.

I can talk about this project for hours and hours, it came out of my MA research on "being bored in museums" and trying to think how could a "input" space exist inside the museum. Please let me know if you would like to talk about it, I'm thankful for any input or feedback.

Thank you!

Julia Mariani

--
Julia Mariani