Hi there,

I work for the National Gallery’s social media team. We produce a number of Facebook Lives every month using an iPhone 6.

Some of the LED lighting that is used within the Gallery can cause strobing through the phone (particularly bad example here). We ended up using an iPhone 8 for our latest broadcast last week, where we had the same issue, and whilst there was still some strobing, the camera was able to stabilise a lot quicker (see here).

We are now looking to upgrade the iPhone 6 to at least an 8 or potentially an iPhone X but I was wondering if anyone had experience with recording with these phones in lower lighting situations and if these are any better? Alternatively, is there any Android phones which might be better too?

Thanks

Ellie

Ellie Wyant

eCRM & Social Media Executive

The National Gallery

Trafalgar Square

London WC2N 5DN

T +44(0)20 7 747 5814

E [log in to unmask]

www.nationalgallery.org.uk

The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN
“Thomas

To unsubscribe from the MCG list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MCG&A=1