Hi all,

I asked this question on twitter today (
https://twitter.com/marthasadie/status/1032587246631874560) and had a brief
discussion with people that it would be good to expand out. I'm trying to
get a sense of the games landscape within the GLAM sector at the moment,
and how it might have changed over the last few years.

When I was at Wellcome and we were commissioning games a few (7ish?!) years
ago, it seemed like there was a lot of interest in museum games, and many
other organisations doing similar things. But I feel like this has declined
in recent years. Am I right? If so, why? Is it just about declining
budgets, or is there more to it?

Or am I wrong, and there are actually lots of commissions that are
happening that I've missed? Or, perhaps, are institutions trying different
models instead, like having game makers in residence as at the V&A? It is
different in the UK to the elsewhere in the world?

Thoughts very welcome! Am thinking of potentially running a discussion
event around this if there is interest.

Thanks,

Martha

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg