Hi,
I'd like to pick up on the part about "LTI sections breaking with subject rollover".

The LTI information sent to Talis (and any other LTI enabled system) is concerned only with the course/module level context. There is nothing in the LTI spec that tells us anything about sub sections of the course such as weekly or topic based sections in the VLE.

Blackboard and Canvas have only recently started releasing some additional attributes containing a history of where the LTI link was rolled over from, which are not part of the core LTI spec. These begin to enable us to add additional functionality to the 'Best Match' mechanism in Talis Aspire that we use to find the most appropriate reading list for modules. This is work we are planing.

Moodle does not as yet (to our knowledge) support these additional attributes which could help us see what an LTI link was linked to in the past.

At this time, we have to rely on the information passed to us through the LTI spec in order to best match a newly created LTI link with a reading list.

Many thanks
Tim