Dear Colleagues

The following vacancy is now live on NHS Jobs

Assistant Librarian

Job Reference:  236-COR-AC168-2018

37.5 hours per week

Agenda for Change Band 5

Closing date:  27th August 2018

Apply at: https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/216109ab38b073500d6af7cc12e69748/?vac_ref=915207827

An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit a, customer focused and highly motivated individual to join the Library and Knowledge Services team to provide high quality Library and Knowledge Services to all staff and students across our four Care Organisations.

You must be educated to degree level or the equivalent postgraduate qualification in library and information science or knowledge management and have a minimum of 12 months experience of working within a library or information management environment.

You must be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge and skills in:

Undertaking advanced and complex literature searches by accessing a variety of sources including clinical and management databases and evidence sources.

Delivering training in information and digital literacy with an understanding of teaching theory and methodology.

Understanding of knowledge management principles and management of appropriate knowledge management solutions.

Planning and delivering outreach visits, marketing events, and presentations.

This is an exciting time to be joining our team as we bring together Library and Knowledge Services across the four Care Organisations. The post is based at Salford Royal Hospital, however the postholder will be required to work and travel to all sites within the Northern Care Alliance (Salford Royal Hospital, Royal Oldham Hospital, Fairfield General Hospital, Rochdale Infirmary, North Manchester General Hospital).

For further details please contact:
Gill Earl
Lead for Knowledge Management at:-
Salford Care Organisation
0161 206 5753
or
Oldham Care Organisation
0161 656 1953
email [log in to unmask]

Kind Regards

Gill

Gill Earl

Lead for Knowledge Management

Learning and Organisational Development Department

The Northern Care Alliance NHS Group

The Royal Oldham Hospital

tel: 0161 656 1953 (Int 71953)

mobile: 07976708652

email: [log in to unmask]

web: www.pat.nhs.uk and www.srft.nhs.uk

twitter: @NCAlliance_NHS

To unsubscribe from the LIS-MEDICAL list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-MEDICAL&A=1