How confident are you to advise library users in protecting their online privacy?

On 18 September, Aude Charillon from Newcastle Libraries will be running a half-day workshop. The workshop has two main parts: the first for participants to better understand as individuals what happens to their personal data when they use digital services, and the second on how we can apply this knowledge to a library and information environment to better protect the privacy of citizens.

Aude says, “We library and information professionals defend human rights: we stand for freedom of information and freedom of expression; and, as highlighted in the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Statement on privacy in the library environment, “privacy is integral to ensuring these rights”. On a practical level, we enable citizens to make informed decisions. By having an understanding of how personal data is used online and what steps to take to protect it we can equip citizens with the knowledge required to make informed decisions about their privacy.”

This training promises to be an eye-opening, and sometimes worrying insight into what happens to our personal data online, and you will leave the training with the tools to help protect you and your library users.

More information and booking can be found here.

We look forward to welcoming you.

Warm regards

                                                 _

Rachel Kudlick

Events Marketing

Working Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

www.cilip.org.uk/join

CILIP, the library and information association

7 Ridgmount St, London, WC1E 7AE

To unsubscribe from the LIS-LINK list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-LINK&A=1